Thanks for checking us out and for your interest in joining the Tumbleweed team of aces!
One of these jobs might be for you if:
- You are looking to join a great organization.
- You are passionate, motivated and self-driven.
- You enjoy connecting with people and working with youth.
- You like a challenge and don’t get flustered easily.
- You communicate clearly and follow instruction well both written and verbally.
- You have experience working with at-risk youth and the human services field.
- You know something about child and adolescent development.
- You are able to work calmly in crisis situations and maintain a safe atmosphere
Current Employment Opportunities
Transitional Living Program Case Manager
Job Summary: Must promote Tumbleweed Core Values (Culture of Character, Personal Responsibility, Extraordinary Experiences, People Centered, Trust and Transformational Change) and the mission and vision of the organization.
Participate in application, screening and intake process to ensure effective transitions into the program for youth and young adults experiencing homelessness. Provide appropriate supportive services and comprehensive case management, develop resources and formulate case plans that promote moving toward self-sufficiency and independent living. Ensure the safety of all youth and young adults in program utilizing Positive Youth Development and Trauma Informed Care approaches and comprehensive case management. Monitor the maintenance of program facilities and work within the facilities maintenance and repair process to ensure timely response to facility needs.
Core Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or similar field is required and two years of experience with a variety of populations (mentally ill, substance user etc.) is preferred
- Must have knowledge and basic abilities in interventions that are rooted in Positive Youth Development, Trauma Informed Care and the Youth Thrive guiding premises
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance, and must meet insurability requirements of agency automobile insurance policy
- Knowledge of needs of youth in transition and community resources
- Computer skills for data recording and record keeping
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to problem solve, be compassionate, firm and to deal calmly in crisis
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Works with youth and young adults experiencing homelessness and referral sources to complete the application, screening and intake process.
- Completes an initial needs assessment and acts upon critical needs appropriately and immediately, orients clients to the program.
- Partners with the client to develop a comprehensive case plan with both short term and long term goals identified with a timeline and measures for each goal.
- Provides comprehensive case management services.
- Monitors progress toward goals in regular scheduled weekly meetings.
- Evaluates and adjusts case plans to support individual progress.
- Assures the safety of each property through frequent tours of the facilities inspecting for any hazards or repair needs utilizing the facilities maintenance process.
- Supervises the performance of the Transitional Living Advocates and provides coaching to improve their ability to manage situation during the off hours.
- Assists in oversight for weekly staff schedules as well as weekend relief and may provide support after hours in a crisis.
- Assists in development and implementation of life skills training to youth and young adults, both 1:1 and in groups.
- Completes all necessary written documentation, record keeping, data entry and reports as required.
- Assists in planning and facilitating recreational and life skills activities.
- Provides client follow-up and aftercare services to those youth and young adults exiting the program.
- Provide program information to external partners and referral sources.
- Promote Tumbleweed Core Values (Culture of Character, Personal Responsibility, Extraordinary Experiences, People Centered, Trust and Transformational Change) and the mission and vision of the organization
- Contributes to the strategic goals and outcomes of the agency
- Fully support and model the mission and core values of Tumbleweed
- Be a professional representative of the organization to those outside of it
- Take initiative to identify problems and seek out solutions
- Work as one team to set each other up for success
The employee must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.